You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Left Rear Air Bag Failure ?

Not exactly an emergency, but we are not moving until the issue is corrected. While in Mesa a few months ago, All aboard America gave our air bags a " looks ok" but come back for new shocks in spring 

While I was gone today, and while Mrs Cobham was taking a nap, the left rear of the coach dropped on to the tire. At the time we were hooked up to shore power
with the 120 volt compressor providing leveling air. It was cycling approx every 6 to 8 hrs for 5 minutes, maintaining 90 lbs. Smile 

I am recovering from surgery, so for the time being I will have to ignore the problem. Good news is we are on a friends ranch, and all is good.

So far what I know is : When in leveling mode, engine off the 120 volt compressor only comes on when I manually try to raise the left rear corner.
With the left rear leveling swich on a massive air leak can be heard, and of course the left rear corner corner does not respond. 

With engine running  and leveling system off, we have a loss of supply air, but the engine compressor is able to overcome the loss.

With engine running and leveling switch on  no loss of supply air.

So when I am able, advice will be taken . I guess it is time to buy a jack , some jack stands,  some cribbing.......

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Messages In This Thread
Left Rear Air Bag Failure ? - by Guy - 02-16-2020, 06:10 PM
RE: Left Rear Air Bag Failure ? - by WSallai - 03-17-2020, 04:25 AM
RE: Left Rear Air Bag Failure ? - by Richard - 03-17-2020, 05:38 AM
RE: Left Rear Air Bag Failure ? - by Guy - 03-17-2020, 06:27 AM
RE: Left Rear Air Bag Failure ? - by Guy - 03-22-2020, 07:43 AM
RE: Left Rear Air Bag Failure ? - by WSallai - 03-24-2021, 11:58 AM
RE: Left Rear Air Bag Failure ? - by Guy - 03-24-2021, 05:41 PM