You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ultra Wood Interiors - Bad Investment over time?

Dear Newell Gurus;

While I love looking at the older Newells, who continue to prove being built-well translates into a long, useful life.  But the off-white cabinetry, while very serviceable, seem to always date the coach.

Yet I still remember the first day I saw a coach whose interior was done entirely in Ultra Wood - simply stunning.    And that stunning feeling continued... when I saw how much that option cost!  (But it looked so good!)

But here's the kicker (maybe).

We saw a 2008 a number of years ago that was in tip-top shape.  We just saw interior pictures of the same coach taken recently...and that same veneer has aged very poorly!  Kinda looked like a lady's fingernail polish - just before she's forced to get'em done again!  Dull, cracked, corners & curves had actually changed colors...basically awful!

So with all the new offerings out on the market for interior wood, does it make sense to buy a coach with this finish?  Is it like some stick houses that you must always have the AC on (even during storage).   Are there better offerings that will last without fuss - but still give that "wood look"?   And will that look hold up over decades?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Mark of SJC

Messages In This Thread
Ultra Wood Interiors - Bad Investment over time? - by MarkofSJC - 06-02-2020, 05:27 PM
RE: Ultra Wood Interiors - Bad Investment over time? - by rundlc - 06-03-2020, 07:13 PM
RE: Ultra Wood Interiors - Bad Investment over time? - by Nebster - 06-07-2020, 09:18 PM