You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to RV'ing

We are Jenn and Gary...and will be purchasing a Class A within the next 18-20 months. We're here to learn as we research the brand of coach we'll be purchasing. We have a home in Kansas (Wichita area) and another in Texas (Waxahachie). When we retire full time in the next 24 months, Texas will likely become home base 6 months of the year while we travel the U.S. the balance. So although we won't be considered full time, we'll still be away from home a significant amount of time. 

We have narrowed the brand down to Newell and Prevost. If a Newell, it will be in the 2006-2009 range, while in Prevost it appears our price range falls in the 2002-2006 range depending on a few variables. First glance on the comparisons it appears to the rookies we are that we can get comparable quality for a lower price in the Newell, while the Prevost may include some amenities that we haven't noticed in the Newell. For example, our "must-have" list includes an outdoor grill and entertainment system. I see those fairly regularly in the Prevost coaches, while I've yet to find a Newell with that added feature. My assumption is that it can be added, but we will lose some bay space. 

So...feel free to reach out and introduce yourselves. We'll have lots of questions for you and hopefully, we can learn from the experts before we step out on this upcoming venture and make it as enjoyable for us as possible. 

Jenn and Gary

Messages In This Thread
New to RV'ing - by GEmry - 07-21-2020, 01:42 PM
RE: New to RV'ing - by Mhcorrigan - 07-21-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: New to RV'ing - by Richard - 07-21-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: New to RV'ing - by encantotom - 07-21-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: New to RV'ing - by HoosierDaddy - 07-21-2020, 08:56 PM
RE: New to RV'ing - by BobALou - 07-27-2020, 06:58 PM
RE: New to RV'ing - by GEmry - 07-28-2020, 01:19 PM
RE: New to RV'ing - by DK on the road - 07-28-2020, 01:53 PM