You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to Newell

I've been hanging around the site since I joined in June.  We purchased our first Newell #472 in July this year.  Now that we've had the coach for 30 days, I'm ready to share my experience.

The Newell is our fourth coach.  We started in 1999 with a used gas Allegro and decided we liked rving.  In 2001 we purchased a new 36' diesel Travel Supreme and enjoyed it for 11 years.  In 2012 we purchased a 2006 Travel Supreme Select and thought we were in hog heaven.  We decided this year life is too short and why leave it to the kids!  So, we decided to purchase #1472 and OMG!  We've always heard the stories and thought, "year, really?"  The comfort level of the drive is a definite improvement and the quietness inside when driving is remarkably improved.  No more wind noise or rattling of the slides.  I don't fee as much transfer of movement from the road in the steering wheel when I drive now.  It's simply a better driving experience.  Also, the active tag axle sure makes backing up a lot easier.

Once at the campground the setup and tear down is easier with the Newell.  The functions are basically the same, it's just not as labor intensive with the Newell.  In previous coaches the deployment of the slides was not difficult but the noises they made caused you to wonder if they were going to make it.  With the Newell the drop-down floor and smoothness of the extension/retraction process is very nice.  And, with the Newell we no longer have the deployment process of the jacks!  Very nice!  Although the size is comparable to the TSS the inside living area is roomier.  I'm guessing due to the deeper curbside slides and the floor plan.  And, I'm guessing the huge windows provide the illusion you're in a bigger environment.  Once again, the height of both coaches is the same, but the Newell had more head room.  During my purchasing decision I was impressed with the easy access to the various components.  Considering in the past I performed a variety of repairs when on the road it's nice o have accessibility for performing the repairs.  On past coaches getting to the various repairs was a challenge at times.  I did give up a little bay area storage, but I still managed to organize he Newell's bays to get my required items in them.

Really, the list of "dang this is nice" can go on and on, so I don't want to elaborate on everything.  Suffice to say, the wife and I re very pleased with our purchase.  Yes, all the little things add up, so the cost of the Newell is quite a bit more, but the level of enjoyment has gone up too.  An, now when I have those repairs to do, I don't have to search the internet and formulate a plan f action.  I can call the 24/7 service support line and be directed where to do what.  That'll be nice to have that knowledge available for the inevitable repair that will be needed at the least opportune time.  To date my overall Newell experience has been great.  I'm hoping the experience continues for years to come!

Dale
2013 Newell #1472

Messages In This Thread
New to Newell - by Dale F - 08-13-2020, 07:53 AM
RE: New to Newell - by Mhcorrigan - 08-13-2020, 07:58 AM
RE: New to Newell - by encantotom - 08-13-2020, 09:31 AM
RE: New to Newell - by Fulltiming - 08-13-2020, 01:24 PM
RE: New to Newell - by Junior Guru - 08-13-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: New to Newell - by Richard - 08-14-2020, 07:15 AM
RE: New to Newell - by Dale F - 08-14-2020, 08:23 AM
RE: New to Newell - by rundlc - 08-31-2020, 07:56 PM
RE: New to Newell - by HoosierDaddy - 09-01-2020, 05:34 AM