You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Newell owners

Hello Newell friends,
We're Dale & Shari Nelson and we've just purchased our Newell #599 triple slide and took delivery of it about 
10 days ago. We picked it up in South Haven, MI and headed for our home in Denver, CO.... we stopped and 
spent the night in western Illinois. The following day we headed west toward Omaha and stopped at the Shelby
RV Park in Shelby, IA....super nice helpful people running that place (we'd need that the next day) we get ready to
leave on Sunday put in the 2 rear slides, we're putting in the front slide and the floor drops and it stops. My heart
skipped a beat as we haven't even made it home....

So I called Newell and they're very helpful but I'm not the right person to fix my RV, in the bay in the front drivers side
I can hear a click when we try to move the slide, I immediately thought solenoid but at this point know absolutely 
nothing about this coach. I had an RV serviceman come out from Omaha and he spoke with the service people 
from Newell to troubleshoot with no easy obvious fix. He ended up bypassing the solenoid and was able to get
the slide in. At this point none of the slides work. I've talked to Jim Raymond with Newell service and he has been very helpful, I was able to meet Jim about 2 weeks as we went to Newell and looked at a coach in Miami. 

I've been reading this forum for a few days now and feel a little overwhelmed but I'm determined to learn what I need
so we really enjoy our coach. Our RV life was a 1989 Winnebago Superchief we bought new and enjoyed for about 
3 yrs, by then we had our 5th child and sold the RV and ran our businesses and raised the 3 boys, 2 girls. 

The lady we bought the coach from used it very little and I didn't get much information from her,  my frustration so far is trying to figure out how everything 
works, I want to find someone who can go over the coach with us to help us understand it. I've tried to set up service 
in Colorado but everyone is booked for 1-2 months. We're going to take the coach to St. Louis this Thursday and try to 
set up service there or in Miami at Newell.

I was reading in the forum and a couple of the guru's are going to Elkhorn Ridge Resort in June of 2021, I said to my wife
we need to go and meet you. I can see on the forum how nice you are and helpful with the other Newell owners.
I look forward to meeting some of you in the future.

Dale & Shari Nelson
2001 Newell 45' #599 Triple Slide

Messages In This Thread
New Newell owners - by Bigbertha - 08-16-2020, 09:35 PM
RE: New Newell owners - by bikestuff - 08-17-2020, 04:42 AM
RE: New Newell owners - by rheavn - 08-17-2020, 04:54 AM
RE: New Newell owners - by hbens - 08-17-2020, 05:18 AM
RE: New Newell owners - by folivier - 08-17-2020, 05:18 AM
RE: New Newell owners - by HoosierDaddy - 08-17-2020, 05:42 AM
RE: New Newell owners - by Bigbertha - 08-17-2020, 11:25 PM
RE: New Newell owners - by smagown - 08-18-2020, 07:24 AM
RE: New Newell owners - by armywifelife - 08-28-2020, 05:25 PM