You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A mistake I thought I would never make

several years ago darlene was out in my truck (lifted f350 powerstroke i bought new) and called me and said it wasnt running very good. she had just put fuel in it and had gotten a mile or two and it was bucking like a bronco. she was close to home and just made it there. when she got home she told be she was pretty sure she accidently put unleaded in rather than diesel. you have to realize that my kids are not sure if they are in my will or my truck is. it has been my baby for many years. when darlene got home she tried to explain what had happened and i told her that this was one time she should just go in the house and leave me alone.

a friend of mine who is a petroleum engineer came over with his test kit and we drained 25-30 gallons of fuel out (i have a bunch of plastic red gas cans now) and changed the fuel filter, put some diesel in it and pumped fuel through it till his viscosity checker (or whatever it was called) said it was ok. as all know, then old timers always add ATF to it, and most put it in the fuel filters when they prime them.

got her going and then all was well. then it was ok for darlene to come out of the house.....

hey we have been married for almost 32 years, i still have my truck, my wife and my kids are still not sure if they or my truck are in the will.

the one thing about the 45' newells is they wont fit in the kind of gas station that clarkes will so it is much harder for this to happen to us.

so clarke, you are in good company.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
A mistake I thought I would never make - by whatsnewell - 02-28-2013, 06:11 AM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by larryweikartsr - 02-28-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by bikestuff - 02-28-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by tuga - 02-28-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by Express1 - 02-28-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by encantotom - 02-28-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by whatsnewell - 02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by Flick - 03-21-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by HoosierDaddy - 03-21-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: A mistake I thought I would never make - by whatsnewell - 03-21-2013, 07:25 PM