You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH Electronic Board

I have a burned pin on a HWH electronic board. When power goes to this pin, my coach goes to ride height. I've attached two photos. One photo shows the back of the board and you can see where 1 of the 4 pins has gotten hot and looks slightly burned. The other photo shows my finger touching an orange connector. This connector goes on the 4 pins and you can see the darkened right side of the pin where it has overheated. 

My electrical skills are fairly good, but I don't have much experience with boards like this. So, here is what I'm thinking:
1. I don't think the board is burned too badly (although i haven't removed the connector yet and I might find out otherwise)
2. My thought is I can probably remove the connector
3. Put a new connector on the wire(s).  THIS IS A PROBLEM as I don't know where to get this connector and it looks like it may take a special device to attach a wire to this connector.  (I sent email to HWH hoping to get one of these, but they never responded)
4. Clean the existing pin
5. Connect new connector to board.

Item #3 is the problem.  (Although I welcome any other thoughts if you think I'm going to have trouble with the board).  Where can I get a connector like this and am I going to need a special tool to attach it to the wires? It didn't occur to me when I had the board loose and was looking at it, but is it possible there is a cap on the top of this connector that just pushes the wire down into the pin, and therefore doesn't require a tool?  

Thanks for your thoughts!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

Messages In This Thread
HWH Electronic Board - by AlanJohnson - 01-29-2021, 08:01 AM
RE: HWH Electronic Board - by folivier - 01-29-2021, 09:50 AM
RE: HWH Electronic Board - by Richard - 01-29-2021, 10:57 AM
RE: HWH Electronic Board - by RussWhite - 01-29-2021, 02:57 PM
RE: HWH Electronic Board - by AlanJohnson - 02-04-2021, 06:36 AM