You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Classic Newell tag axle adjustability

Go back and look at my labeling, the reason the tag bags would get full pressure is if the line coming from the unregulated supply is to RAISE the coach. You are thinking those top solenoids are travel, and I think they are raise. The only time the regulated air supply for the tags would be used is in Travel mode. If you didn’t have full air pressure to the tags in the Raise mode, it would be difficult to raise the rear with just 35 psi.

Perhaps you have already done this. This would help me help you, especially if you think the system has been altered. If you run the system through its’ paces, different solenoids will be energized when in travel, raise, and lower. I use a washer to check for magnetized solenoid coils. Can you do that? And label the solenoids as found. We can compare that to how they should be.

It would not be the first time this has happened. I won’t call any names, but a former owner had me on the phone with his “tech” who was working on the air system. The tech did not believe how it should be and declared it plumbed incorrectly despite my input. The next owner paid to have the previous incorrect plumbing fixed. The Newell system works, but it is counterintuitive to a lot of folks, including me.

The place to start is with the sanity check, let’s 100% confirm which solenoid is activated in each mode.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Classic Newell tag axle adjustability - by Johnnyboy - 03-29-2021, 01:10 PM
RE: Classic Newell tag axle adjustability - by Johnnyboy - 04-04-2021, 02:09 PM
RE: Classic Newell tag axle adjustability - by Richard - 04-04-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: Classic Newell tag axle adjustability - by Johnnyboy - 04-05-2021, 05:01 AM
RE: Classic Newell tag axle adjustability - by Richard - 04-05-2021, 06:01 AM
RE: Classic Newell tag axle adjustability - by Johnnyboy - 04-05-2021, 08:29 AM
RE: Classic Newell tag axle adjustability - by folivier - 04-05-2021, 09:44 AM