You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Should I worry?

I had a 1973 Newell with an 1160 Cat, the naturally aspirated predecessor to the 3208 Cat, that had over 600k miles on her when we bought it. There wasn't a creak or rattle that couldn't be fixed, or traced to the dishes and pans we were carrying. Might have been a little light on power, but we pulled an extended cab Ford Ranger without any problems.

These coaches are built for a million miles plus, so don't let mileage bother you. If you're handy, won't be an issue, if you have to pay $150+ to a repair facility that doesn't have a clue how to work on Newells, it'll be expensive.

Back in that era, the battery chargers were called battery boilers, so if it hasn't been updated plan on replacing. There's a good chance that some of or all the bays will need rust damage repaired. Not an expensive proposition if you can do it yourself.

Just know that with the semi-monoque construction you'll be driving one of the safest motorhomes on the road. You have also joined the absolute best forum where very knowledgeable people will help with any issue you encounter.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Messages In This Thread
Should I worry? - by travelin'ging - 08-09-2021, 11:06 PM
RE: Should I worry? - by Guy - 08-10-2021, 01:03 AM
RE: Should I worry? - by whatsnewell - 08-10-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: Should I worry? - by MrE - 08-10-2021, 09:49 PM