You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bode air door

(04-17-2013, 02:33 PM)encantotom Wrote:  there are quite few junairs for sale on ebay right now for under 200 bucks

now for my air door story. i got the rebuild kit from newell (thanks steve). i am getting to be a airdoor expert (especially after about a dozen calls to jim at newell)

i replumbed it with new quick disconnect fittings and new tubing. it is all metric. then i took the cylinder apart after taking all the air connections and valve off. 4 long bolts hold the cylinder on and you can remove them with the assembly still mounted. there was a rubber/plastic seal that was broken on the bottom plate. i had to really work hard to get the entire assembly apart including the "puck" which is the air piston. it was really stuck on there. some wd40 and a rubber hammer eventually got it off.

i put 2 new seals, 3 new orings and cleaned it all up and put the grease sealant on. i put it all back together and the air is coming out of the exhaust port when the door is closed and no air leak when it is open. but...the other air leaks were fixed. jim told me to isolate the problem and decide if it is the cylinder leaking by the puck i had to be in the coach, close the door and then disconnect the airline at the air valve on the top. with that airline off, there was no air leaking by the puck out to this line. so the air cylinder is now airtight. that means it has to be the solenoid ac valve. i can now take the air cylinder apart and change the parts out and put it back together in probably 15-30 min. i have done it enough times now.

so the air was not leaking by the puck so the new mac solenoid valve i bought and put in has to be bad. so i had forest pick me up another one at newell and send it to me today (thanks forest).

has to be it. nothing else to try.

tom

Its amazing how much we can learn about sections of our coaches , I learned so much about Aqua Hot section and about the door panel with the solenoids, we had that open for several days and used by witching solenoids by hand and finally got new part from Newell replaced our self and door is working like new!
I hope you have narrowed down to the bad Mac solenoid and hope you get it working soon!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Messages In This Thread
Bode air door - by encantotom - 04-02-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Bode air door - by les korcala - 04-02-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Bode air door - by Chester Stone - 04-03-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: Bode air door - by les korcala - 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: Bode air door - by encantotom - 04-12-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Bode air door - by Chester Stone - 04-13-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: Bode air door - by encantotom - 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM