You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AC Amp Meter problem

Upon further checking, here are some of my findings:

1), The Newell AC voltage meters are fed directly from the AC input from the AC transfer switch bypassing the rear AC power panel in the rear closet. This means even if you turn off the 50 AMP main circuit breaker in the rear coach, this 120V AC feed line is still alive at the overhead of the driver's seat, and the voltmeter remains active.

2)  The two Amp meters are fed directly from the two donut inductors because the AC voltage at the meter terminals and the donut wires are the same. And it's the same color-coded wire in the back all the way to the front. 

No Power Reading in the front

No Power Reading in the rear closet

Power On reading in the front and back, the observed reading fluctuates and not quite stable.

3), Swap the two 2 wires behind the L-1, and L-2 amp meter again,  the bad reading disappear. This seems to indicate the original wiring (from the previous owner rather than from the factory) was erroneous.  AND the two donuts behind the power panel in the closet and two amp meters have to be a different model. But this has to be confirmed. I just ordered an inductance meter. Once I get it will test it again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Messages In This Thread
AC Amp Meter problem - by kaptain - 11-06-2022, 10:52 PM
RE: AC Amp Meter problem - by Jack Houpe - 11-07-2022, 03:36 AM
RE: AC Amp Meter problem - by Richard - 11-07-2022, 06:28 AM
RE: AC Amp Meter problem - by bikestuff - 11-07-2022, 06:41 AM
RE: AC Amp Meter problem - by kaptain - 11-07-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: AC Amp Meter problem - by kaptain - 11-07-2022, 11:48 AM
RE: AC Amp Meter problem - by kaptain - 11-08-2022, 09:30 AM