You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

PS slide #4 problem

the slide can leak out at the bottom a little and still have the pins locked in at the top. but not 3 or 4 inches. maybe enough to see it.

and if there was a crack in the manifold, unless it was internal, it would be spraying all over.

you said that the slide seal rolled out when the slide crept out when you were opening another slide. if the pins were engaged, i find it hard to believe the bottom could move out enough to roll the slide seal out. i suspect those pins are not going down. the culprit for that if all else is good is the magnets on the top of the slide are missing or misaligned. in my 02, the slide control boxes in the bay show the status of the slide with leds. there are leds that say if the front or rear or both slide pins are down. if you have those indicators, you could have someone watch and see if the lights for the problem slide are changing when you operate the slides that also have the problem slide move. that would say it is an electrical problem.

i have replaced a number of solenoids on mine and others for slide creep. if that doesnt fix normal slide creep, i would be looking at possibly a bad seal in the slide ram where it is leaking by. just like a hydraulic ram on my tractor if it leaks, the bucket will come down slowly.

richards idea about checking voltage on the disconnected two solenoid plugs..(first check the slide out solenoid when you are operating another one) is a great idea. and simple.

the hydraulic check with the lines off would tell you if it is leaking internally. however since you are at hwh, they should be able to put an inline pressure gauge on the bad slide to see if there is any pressure going to the ram when you operate another slide.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
PS slide #4 problem - by B and C - 06-02-2023, 08:50 AM
RE: PS slide #4 problem - by Richard - 06-02-2023, 01:18 PM
RE: PS slide #4 problem - by Jack Houpe - 06-03-2023, 04:15 AM
RE: PS slide #4 problem - by encantotom - 06-03-2023, 09:04 AM
RE: PS slide #4 problem - by B and C - 06-03-2023, 12:36 PM
RE: PS slide #4 problem - by Richard - 06-03-2023, 01:01 PM
RE: PS slide #4 problem - by B and C - 11-27-2023, 01:14 PM