You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mini Splits in #586

Summer is upon us and I think we will see many people switching out to alternate sources of air conditioning due to the age and inadequate parts supply of the old SCS units. Good to see people sharing pictures and information so it will help future conversations. Hank I'm glad you made the conversion I'm sure you will be happy camper.

I have venting through the floor and also the door is perforated, there are two rectangular vents on each side of the bay floor. I placed each compressor center of the aft vent holes with with the thought that would be intake air then the exhaust of both units going outwards toward the doors and other floor vent. My plan was to use the 1/4" double sided aluminum sign board to fit around the whole compressor and screwed to the walls to force the hot air from the compressors out through the door and the bottom vent closest to the bay door. If you have access to purchasing this product I highly recommend it, its strong and you can cut it with a skill saw, easy to build ducts with but not curved ducks and its plastic center so water doesn't bother it.  Of course I have not done that YET but its on the ever growing list of items to finish but I open one of the bay doors when in operation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Messages In This Thread
Mini Splits in #586 - by hbens - 06-14-2023, 06:19 PM
RE: Mini Splits in #586 - by Jonestead - 06-14-2023, 07:05 PM
RE: Mini Splits in #586 - by hbens - 06-15-2023, 02:37 AM
RE: Mini Splits in #586 - by Jack Houpe - 06-15-2023, 05:02 AM