You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

"Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase

a few things because you have not given alot of details about the 87.

it is probably 8ft wide and not 8 1/2. easy to tell is if there is a 6 inch piece of glass between the two front windshields.

many were single rear axle, but from your airbag count i assume it has a tag. i have done airbags on the classics and much easier than the newer ones.

ceiling height is another thing. if you are tall (matter of perspective), they are not as tall inside as ones that are a bit newer. so check it out. i am 6ft 2 and my 90 was not raised roof and with a cap on i could hit my head on the roof air vents.

aircon.....it may have basement air or may have roof air. in this case i would hope for 3 roof airs as they are easy and cheap to replace and there are much quieter ones out there now.

it will have a huge propane tank and propane furnaces....it might have an older style boiler heater that is propane powered named primus. not sure what years they used them but they did for a few years till at least early 90s.

the 87 is right before the new body style in 90. probably 40ft if it is a tag. as small as 36 without....i think.

the 8v92 like richard said requires to be kept driven right. the rear mounted radiators with direct drive fans were not the best design, but if kept clean and maintained and you dont lug them down they are great. lots of folks on here with them that can talk about them. i have had one as well in the past. ya have to keep rpms up in the hills. downshift and let people by.....ha

probably has a 4 speed pushbutton air shifter, but mine had a cable shifter.

it will either have a hwh auto leveling system or 4 toggle switches that do it manually. mine had the switches and they were easy and fast.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
"Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by neverbored - 06-19-2023, 09:16 PM
RE: "Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by Jack Houpe - 06-20-2023, 04:29 AM
RE: "Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by Richard - 06-20-2023, 08:00 AM
RE: "Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by encantotom - 06-20-2023, 11:30 AM
RE: "Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by neverbored - 06-20-2023, 05:55 PM
RE: "Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by BusNit - 06-20-2023, 06:03 PM
RE: "Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by Jack Houpe - 06-21-2023, 04:34 AM
RE: "Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by neverbored - 06-21-2023, 09:03 AM
RE: "Downsizing" Vintage Newell Purchase - by Little - 06-21-2023, 04:58 PM