You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New user introduction…

Howdy!

Coaches are like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get. Me trying to be funny aside most Newells that are in the age range that your talking about can be serviced at any reputable truck service as far as engine and transmission, when it comes to air bags and things like that I would recommend you to research places that are close and judge how far you are willing to drive from Atlanta. I live 50 miles from Newell and never had my coach there not that I don't like them but I try to do everything myself and this forum has been a life saver so if your handy your in the right place the gearheads here are amongst the best when it comes to custom built rolling mansions on wheels. I can't say how prepared you need to be for a major issue all I can say is it happens to all coaches sooner or later, I lost a turbo on my second trip out which set me back 4 days but also my coach had 160k+ miles on it so I think that is a normal type of happening but maybe some other guys will tell you how many miles they have before something catastrophic happened and you may be surprised that many coaches have several hundreds of thousands of miles and still rolling just fine. There are some issues with the early slide coaches that you would want to go to Newell to have repaired unless your willing to take the dive into DIY then again this is the place to be. I was very fortunate to meet some of the top guys and go over my coach and mentally laser etched in my mind every word they said and I feel pretty good about it.

Yes what Michael said!

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon 

Messages In This Thread
New user introduction… - by hedgecomb - 09-09-2023, 02:25 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Fulltiming - 09-09-2023, 03:35 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Jack Houpe - 09-09-2023, 03:50 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Richard - 09-09-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Jonestead - 09-10-2023, 08:03 AM
RE: New user introduction… - by BusNit - 09-10-2023, 08:44 AM
RE: New user introduction… - by DK on the road - 09-11-2023, 09:13 AM