You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New user introduction…

Welcome Herb and it seems you've come to the right place.
In addition to the wisdom already shared, perhaps my story will help illustrate/solidify what has been stated.
I bought our Newell in February. The PO (prior owner) lived nearby a Prevost service center, so I had him take it there for chassis inspection and some PM (preventative maintenance) which was mainly fluids/filters. I mention this because most Prevosts serve as commercial buses not private RVs, so a shift in thinking will go along way, think commercial not RV. Pretty much any truck stop/shop can work on drivetrain/suspension.
I flew from Virginia to California to drive home, 4000 miles in 4 days without hesitation, rattle or duct tape, in a 25+ year old coach with 285,000 miles
As stated already, thick commercial truck/bus not Honda accord. With that said, a 10gal oil change is not the same $$ as JiffyLube with a coupon nor is it done every 5k miles, hopefully this makes sense
Most of your "looking for" list is addressed by Newell who overengineers and overbuilds and their craftsmanship is excellent. The fact that they answer the phone 24/7/365 with actual support, kinda illustrates that.
Most of your "concerns" seem to be maintenance/reliability which hopefully has been covered as well
Which leads to your final point of "happy wife, happy life"
Safe travel, enjoy the journey and the destination

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Messages In This Thread
New user introduction… - by hedgecomb - 09-09-2023, 02:25 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Fulltiming - 09-09-2023, 03:35 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Jack Houpe - 09-09-2023, 03:50 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Richard - 09-09-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Jonestead - 09-10-2023, 08:03 AM