You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New user introduction…

Welcome Aboard Herb!

I've read every new thread on this forum over the last 3 years. I check almost daily for new posts. Even the ones covering other vintages than ours. It gives me insight to all things Newell.
I do all of the work I can myself. I haven't had to do engine or transmission failure repair yet. Hopefully I wont have to ever. I searched and found a local Detroit listed shop less than 100 miles away. I went and interviewed the service manager and I believe I found someone I can trust. Detroit Diesel has their dealer network on their website. I haven't looked at Alison Transmission yet but expect the same info there.

Every time I've fixed a problem it gave me the knowledge of how stuff works on our coach and I'm more confident I can solve problems (with those systems) on the road in a pinch without serious anxiety.
I spent about $10-15k in the first 2 years getting ours up to snuff. Big ticket items were getting one of my Sub-Zero fridges rebuilt and replacing the basement SCS AC with mini splits. I'm not done with the mini split work yet. Also a bunch of spares and tools were included in this number.
I SWAG $500/month for maintenance not included tires and battery replacement costs. Those are budgeted and expected at their expected intervals (years instead of miles).

Another item to budget is your time. At campgrounds, fuel stops, and other places people will ask about our Newell and I end up talking more than I should or expected. This isn't a bad thing. Meeting people is one of the benefits of Rving.

Welcome Aboard and I hope we get to meet in the future.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Messages In This Thread
New user introduction… - by hedgecomb - 09-09-2023, 02:25 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Fulltiming - 09-09-2023, 03:35 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Jack Houpe - 09-09-2023, 03:50 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Richard - 09-09-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: New user introduction… - by Jonestead - 09-10-2023, 08:03 AM
RE: New user introduction… - by BusNit - 09-10-2023, 08:44 AM