You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear slide water leak

When we purchased our coach it was noted that both slides had problems but the front slide was worse and took first priority now we have pretty much gone through everything that was priority we started on the rear slide, we followed the instructions here about removing the retract switch and bolt then moved the slide a couple inches more into the rear we did this with no problem and thanks for that information. Our rear seal had a slight air leak from where they cut and crimped the ends and to our amazement and happiness it doesn't need replacement, they failed to put sealant on the ends and didn't tighten the allen head screw very tight so we saved $1600+. The problem was water intrusion into the electrical bay where the cable is stored as water runs between the skin of the coach and by the frame then back to the hole in the top of the electrical bay. Replacing all the rivets around the outside of the slide really helped but now I see that the sealant or sticky tape over the years have left a gap and an easy way for water to get in and it must be resealed. We pulled the seal from the guide and will removed the lower part of the guide to clean the rust off then re-glue the guide back to the bottom part. I am not fond of Newells thought pattern on seals and where the water is to go when it rains but it is what it is. 

Before I drive over to Newell to purchase that glue used to adhere the seal to the track does anyone know what the name of that stuff is? I might be able to save a 100 mile round trip.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Messages In This Thread
Rear slide water leak - by Jack Houpe - 09-24-2023, 05:40 AM
RE: Rear slide water leak - by Richard - 09-24-2023, 06:59 AM
RE: Rear slide water leak - by Jack Houpe - 09-24-2023, 09:05 AM
RE: Rear slide water leak - by bestgenman - 09-24-2023, 11:00 AM
RE: Rear slide water leak - by Jack Houpe - 09-24-2023, 12:16 PM
RE: Rear slide water leak - by BusNit - 09-26-2023, 07:03 PM
RE: Rear slide water leak - by Jack Houpe - 09-27-2023, 03:31 AM
RE: Rear slide water leak - by Jack Houpe - 10-01-2023, 05:02 AM