You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HIgh Mileage

Building on what Arch said, I recommend you research the year of the engine (which may differ from the coach). My understanding is that Cat began installing a DPF with sprayed fuel regen system (vice DEF) beginning in January 2007 in order to meet new EPA requirements and the result was lawsuits from owners due to issues with the system and Cat's eventual exit from the on-road market. I believe some with the DPF systems deleted them but I don't know how effective this was at addressing issues (setting aside the legality of deleting). We shopped with this in mind and found a very-late 2008 with a December 2006 engine.

Please also note that Cummins had a bad run of engines that led to replacement under warranty about the time that Newell switched away from Cat but I understand a few owners didn't qualify or elect to have their engines replaced and current owners are holding that risk without warranty support. I'm not sure of the years/serial numbers but I believe the information is out there and someone here may be able to chime in.

2008 C-15/ZF12
Towing Jeep Gladiator (BluOx/AirForce)

Messages In This Thread
HIgh Mileage - by marinoperna - 10-13-2023, 03:04 PM
RE: HIgh Mileage - by Richard - 10-13-2023, 03:35 PM
RE: HIgh Mileage - by Jonestead - 10-13-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: HIgh Mileage - by Sea Note - 10-14-2023, 03:46 AM