You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Batteries

Currently I have 6 x AGM 8D Batteries for the house side.  I am an all electric coach and do not plan on Boondocking for long periods of time.  The inverter runs the kitchen outlets, mainly the newish AC fridge over night and maybe a coffee pot in the morning.  No heavy loads, no AC's.  I do have solar which can help charge the batteries during the day if not plugged in.  Initially we plan to go to sites with full hookups, so the solar is nice, but not a factor for the next set of batteries or a conversion to a high end lithium system.
The current batteries are "starting batteries" 1450 cca and 480rc and 245 ah @ 20hr.  Currently only 4 batteries are connected as 2 of the batteries are sucked in and most likely shorted internally.  I currently store the rig inside, hooked to 30 amp 240volt.

My question is, Do these batteries need to be "Starting batteries" High amp, short draw period?  Should they be Deep Cycle Batteries, low amp, long draw period?

Do I really need 6 Batteries?  Could 3 be enough with a good quality deep cycle battery?

These agm batteries (O'Rielly) are only 3 years old, maybe I should just put in sealed lead acid batteries.  Seems about the same life expectancy at half the price.

The Guru's Expertise is greatly appreciated!!

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

Messages In This Thread
Batteries - by khgeisler - 11-11-2023, 02:33 PM
RE: Batteries - by Jonestead - 11-11-2023, 08:23 PM
RE: Batteries - by HoosierDaddy - 11-11-2023, 10:37 PM
RE: Batteries - by folivier - 11-12-2023, 06:37 AM
RE: Batteries - by Jack Houpe - 11-12-2023, 07:12 AM
RE: Batteries - by TJ Clark - 11-13-2023, 09:54 AM
RE: Batteries - by khgeisler - 12-03-2023, 08:41 PM