You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Silverleaf Heat Control

I'm going through my system while she's at Newell. Funny how ya learn something new and odd every day, it seems.

I found out that the heater under the sink is actually FULLY ELECTRIC!!! WHAT? Yup...it's actually a COMFY and is considered an "auxillary" heater that runs independent of any other heat source; whether aqua-hot or engine. Crazy. Just so you don't miss the obvious, just check the breakers because I know the front "Cadet" heaters are on breakers.

It's STILL controlled via Silverleaf, though, and I HATE the placement of the Thermistor over the door for the "Salon" heater which is under the Reefer.

I only mention this info because we've been putting our heads together as to IF there's any sense in trying to reprogram the panel. The tech said it's a dumb way to do it, and fully agrees that it should never have been done that way. But...it's pretty difficult to start changing programming and thermistor locations.

Silverleaf techs are nice to deal with, but progress can be very slow since we are smaller than small potatoes to them now.

That said...our coaches look to be identical.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Messages In This Thread
Silverleaf Heat Control - by RobSC - 12-09-2023, 06:34 AM
RE: Silverleaf Heat Control - by hypoxia - 12-09-2023, 06:50 AM
RE: SilverLeaf Heat Control - by RobSC - 02-13-2024, 08:27 AM
RE: Silverleaf Heat Control - by CaptainGizmo - 02-13-2024, 01:11 PM
RE: Silverleaf Heat Control - by RobSC - 02-13-2024, 05:30 PM
RE: Silverleaf Heat Control - by CaptainGizmo - 02-14-2024, 10:27 AM
RE: Silverleaf Heat Control - by hypoxia - 02-14-2024, 07:21 AM