You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion

So I finally got around to messing with my Aqua Hot. I initially was not able to get the burner to turn on at all, the fan/pump motor would not run at all. I “fixed” that by giving the control box a thump and the fan/pump came on and I could hear the igniter trying to fire. So then I pulled the burner out, disconnected the igniter and then checked for fuel spray, I got none. So I ordered a new nozzle and put that on, check the fuel spray and it was perfect. I put the burner back in and it fired right up. I had it run up to temperature and shut off, then it would not start again. Another whack on the control box and it started. I was curios so I opened up the control box and it has a pretty decent dark area on the board, as if it has gotten hot. Also noted all the contacts for the cable connectors were dark. So I cleaned all the blades with a scotch bright pad and then I pulled all the spade connectors out of the plug and gave them a little crimp with pliers so they would grab onto the blade better. This seemed to help and now it’s cycling as it should. 
I am not completely happy with this, so I have a Beckett control and igniter coming and I will be converting it over to the Beckett controller once that arrives. I will add that here and hopefully also do a video of the troubleshooting and the conversion process.

Here is a short video of celebration that the burner is going, I did find a post from Rudy about setting the air intake for the burner, maybe he can chime in and tell me I am doing it correctly:
https://youtube.com/shorts/9vbd-jePbNw?s...jwWm1RGdf_

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Messages In This Thread
Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by [email protected] - 01-24-2024, 07:26 AM
RE: Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by Trainer - 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
RE: Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by [email protected] - 01-24-2024, 04:38 PM
RE: Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by Jack Houpe - 01-25-2024, 06:07 AM
RE: Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by [email protected] - 01-25-2024, 08:08 AM
RE: Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by Latitude 28 - 02-26-2024, 08:52 PM
RE: Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by Richard - 02-27-2024, 04:54 AM
RE: Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by Latitude 28 - 02-27-2024, 05:09 AM
RE: Aqua Hot Repair and Beckett Conversion - by [email protected] - 02-27-2024, 05:24 AM