You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell coach license.

In NY State a company I worked for in the Driver Simulation and Training area had an RV set up for mobile demonstrations of their products. Since that RV was registered and licensed to the company the driver had to have a CDL and follow all rules for commercial vehicles. That same RV if I owned it would not have needed a CDL to operate it and the accompanying rules.
I suspected and haven't found things i've read have pretty much supported that requirement for a CDL or CDL not required.
Florida changed their license requirements for pulling trailers with a dually back around 2003 or so. A horse owner let me in on the rules because she had a dually to pull her horse trailer. The rules had to do with the width of the duals. I got the endorsement because I had a trip that started only a few days before the rules changed.
I make sure I'm completely legal here in FL where I'm licensed and I do as much research as I can in 'funky' states I intend to travel in. California being the one I'm most concerned about obscure laws. Illinois is the next on this list.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Messages In This Thread
Newell coach license. - by FittedBuckle - 02-21-2024, 12:19 PM
RE: Newell coach license. - by MrE - 02-22-2024, 12:00 AM
RE: Newell coach license. - by rvguy - 02-22-2024, 07:55 AM
RE: Newell coach license. - by CaptainGizmo - 02-22-2024, 11:02 PM
RE: Newell coach license. - by BusNit - 03-13-2024, 05:44 PM
RE: Newell coach license. - by arcticdude - 03-14-2024, 06:04 PM