You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Used Newell Values

I started looking at Newells pretty late in our research, and the one thing that stuck out for me on the price was the dearth of coaches to compare. I believe that Newell has yet to build coach #1500, so that means that there are only a few coaches of any given year out there, and of those, only a few are for sale at any given time. NADA doesn't even list Newells, PPL doesn't show any, and MOT has five of five different years and five different prices. This really make it hard for either a buyer or a seller to have any idea of what is a fair price for a coach.

We bought a Foretravel from a private party who really needed the coach gone. I was able to get some good advice from several people, and NADA did have a price for it, so we had some guidance. Yes, we probably could have gotten the coach for less (and probably should have offered less) but we made what we thought was a fair offer. The sellers apparently thought so, too, since they immediately accepted it.

I suppose that one way to go would be to find a coach that directly competed with the Newell in question and use the pricing information for that as at least a starting point. That would give a reality check, but not much more than that. As Tom says, the condition of the coach has a lot to do with the price. Tires and batteries can easily eat up most of $10,000, and if the refrigerator needs to be replaced, or the television set, even more is gone.

One bit of advice that I've gotten from many people is to make what you consider to be a reasonable offer on any coach that you are seriously considering. If the seller says "NO!" then you are no worse off than you were before. If the seller says anything else you may be able to work a deal. You never know until you make an offer.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Messages In This Thread
Used Newell Values - by encantotom - 05-12-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: Used Newell Values - by bikestuff - 05-12-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Used Newell Values - by qcj - 05-13-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Used Newell Values - by rheavn - 05-13-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: Used Newell Values - by kb0zke - 05-16-2013, 07:10 PM