You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front left of coach dropping in travel mode

Sorry for my misunderstanding. English is a second language for us South Carolina boys, and then you throw in that reading thing. I really missed that the coach will build pressure, and the rear stays up as long as the coach is running and the raise solenoid is activated. I totally agree with your conclusions that the air supplied to the raise solenoid is overpowering the tag solenoid leak. The reason RAISE will keep it up and TRAVEl will not is the decreased flow rate if the air comes through the HCV. I am going to attach a hand drawn picture of the rear setup. My apologies for getting totally out in left field. I will delete my previous post so that it doesn’t mislead someone in the future. Thank you for your patience.

I am working off the idea that the goal is get the coach safe to drive a short distance to a shop.

So let’s move to the front. The second picture is of the front setup. There are a couple of things to note. One, notice the line coming out of the HCV is singular and tees into two lines. One feeding the left travel solenoid and one feeding the right. There are NO check valves. Meaning that if both travel solenoids are open then both air bags see exactly the same pressure. After all their pressure originates at one source. This allows the front end to move side to side based upon the side to side in the rear.

Let me see if I got this right. If using RAISE on the leveling system both sides of the front will raise. Putting it in travel, results in the left front dropping and air escaping. The first thing that comes to mind is that the solenoid valves in the six pack for the left side have debris in them. The only way that the right can stay up and the left down is if the left travel solenoid does NOT open. The air escaping could be coming from the down solenoid stuck open. Again, using raise mode overpowers the leak.

Before tearing into the front six pack, I would try a Hail Mary. I suspect you have the very same HWH control system as I. There are some situations where my control system gets confused, and trys to put the coach in travel mode and level mode at the same time. It just won’t come to ride height. The solution for me is to turn off the HWH system by pressing the OFF button or Emergency stop button in the lower left corner. It seems to reset the brain. 

My approach at this point would be to gain access to the front six pack. Confirm that a critter has not eaten the wiring, confirm that the travel, lower, and raise solenoids are getting the signals when they are supposed to, and take the solenoid valves apart one at a time and clean them up. One thing to also look for is that some six packs have a pressure switch mounted to the back of the six pack for both the right and the left sides. Those switches can leak. 

Wow, this is tricky because the six pack is under the corner where the coach is dropping. You have a couple of options. Raise it all the way and crib up the front. Let me know if you need pictures of crib points for the front. Of, you may be able to get the six pack out for reasonable access. If you look on the front wall of the HWH compartment under the drivers feet, you will see two bolt heads about an 1 and half apart. Those two bolts affix the six pack to that wall. You can remove those bolts and the six pack will release. How far you can pull it out will depend on how many million zip ties are in place. It’s worth a try. If you remove it this way, get some threaded rod the same thread as the bolts you removed. Turn the bolt holes into protruding threaded studs. Why? Cause when you go to put the six pack back in, your arms will not be long enough to hold the six pack in place and thread in the bolts. It’s tedious two person job. Threaded studs make it a piece of cake.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-03-2024, 11:35 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Jack Houpe - 03-04-2024, 05:39 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by hypoxia - 03-04-2024, 06:39 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-04-2024, 07:30 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by hypoxia - 03-04-2024, 08:55 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-04-2024, 09:05 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-04-2024, 01:54 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-04-2024, 02:46 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-04-2024, 06:03 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-04-2024, 06:56 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-05-2024, 06:11 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-05-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-05-2024, 11:32 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-06-2024, 05:08 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-06-2024, 05:41 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-06-2024, 11:44 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-06-2024, 05:10 PM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by pestes - 03-08-2024, 12:53 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by 360 - 03-08-2024, 10:43 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Richard - 03-08-2024, 03:03 AM
RE: Front left of coach dropping in travel mode - by Jack Houpe - 03-09-2024, 05:17 AM