You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Power Steering/Hydraulic System

So I have been getting a louder whine to my power steering/hydraulic pump. I know looking at the pump itself it is definitely leaking. After looking around at the pump I found the tag on the bottom of the pump and its a Vickers V20 pump. I will post some photos of the label. 
So I have been looking at this system and it seems that the filter is old, and it still says Vickers on it. 

The filter is Vickers #V0211B1R03, which I crossed over to and have ordered a Wix 51756. 

My plan is to pull the pump off, take it apart, inspect it and if the hard parts are in good shape I will put new seals in it. I will attach the Vickers pump info sheet I found when trying to identify the pump and its seals. 

The seal kit I ordered is for the V20 or V20F pump, it is part #CWH V20SK. 

So I have done quite a bit of searching and I have found that most are using synthetic ATF for the power steering/hydraulic system. r 

My question is, does anyone have an approximate capacity of the system? 
I would like to go ahead and get some fluid here to change the fluid. It seems this system has been neglected. 

I think I am also going to follow Richards lead and change the overhung unit to grease at some point, I can see its weeping some.

Attached Files
.pdf Vickers Eaton V20 pll_1572.pdf Size: 227.93 KB  Downloads: 15

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Messages In This Thread
Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by [email protected] - 03-04-2024, 03:48 PM
RE: Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by Richard - 03-04-2024, 05:30 PM
RE: Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by [email protected] - 03-05-2024, 07:09 AM
RE: Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by Richard - 03-05-2024, 07:43 AM
RE: Power Steering/Hydraulic System - by [email protected] - 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM