You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Valve Adjustment

In April of this Year I had the Jake brake and valves adjusted by Newell. The complete job took 11 hours to complete as I have the rear bath model and a flooring hatch had to be removed. It took 4 hours to remove the hatch, 4 hours to adjust the jake brake and engine valves and 3 hours to reassemble. There was no damage to my coach & they did a great job! I immediately felt an increase in jake brake performance. I am currently on my first interstate trip since the valve adjustment and the mileage has increased almost a full mpg. This is similar results that I experienced with my Country Coach.

When I had the valves adjusted I kept complete notes and pictures. I am currently in an informational "Black Hole". I have no satellite tv--too far north. I have no cellular service--in the 3% of USA that AT&T doesn't cover. Thanks to a neighbor I have limited wifi.

Give me a few days and I'll post the process for gaining access on a rear bath with photos.

Sittin in the "Black Hole" in NH.........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Messages In This Thread
Valve Adjustment - by rheavn - 08-07-2012, 12:35 PM
RE: Valve Adjustment - by tuga - 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: Valve Adjustment - by Richard - 08-07-2012, 05:28 PM
RE: Valve Adjustment - by Chester Stone - 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: Valve Adjustment - by rheavn - 08-10-2012, 03:32 PM
RE: Valve Adjustment - by tuga - 08-10-2012, 03:44 PM
RE: Valve Adjustment - by encantotom - 08-10-2012, 04:01 PM