You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one.

Have been recently looking for Newells and am impressed with the quality I see. Looking for something clean and well maintained for less than $50,000.

Welcome! What part of the country are you located?
There is a 1996 38' Newell on ebay right now in Sierra Vista, AZ that is listed for $70,000 or best offer. Might be worth a look at. If you do let us know there may be someone close by that can look at with you.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

If you are looking for a Newell Classic, there are numerous ones available for under $50,000. If you are looking for one with the updated body style there are some available here and there for under $50,000. Just have to be patient.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

howdy and welcome. we will all keep an eye out for you as well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

How was the drive Tom? Any rain?
It's still raining here, not hard but lots of wind.
Oh the electricity didn't come back on until after 11.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I am from Wisconsin and never owned a big rig, unless you call John Deere tractors big.

I have looked at one Newell and wonder: Do they have security systems, air bags, and do they have on-demand heating and cooling? I am sure the newer ones do, but how about the older ones?

The older ones have three types of heating: 1) Electric, 2) Gas and 3) Chassis heaters (use heated coolant to heat while coach is moving). All Newell coaches are very well insulated, and are built for winter travel. The water bays (where the fresh/black and gray water is stored) are heated so they won't freeze in cold temperatures.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

forest, no rain, just wicked wicked strong cross winds all 300 miles. i was glad when the driving day was over. btw, no coolant lost on the drive...

we are at a modest park that has a fantastic site under high cut trees. i am sitting outside in the 70 degree evening now.

now for the fun answers....

1. yes, a john deere tractor is big. our big rigs are like driving a big cadillac. you will love driving them. just have to be careful on turns at first. those rear wheels are a long ways back...

2. most have a security system. both of my newells have them (well one of them is now bill's). but i dont use them. it would take some real work to break into them. the alarm is just on the door and who could get these heavy doors open?

3. the newells are air ride coaches. almost all of them use the air bags to level as well. (except for jeff and lynns, who has both air and jacks). they just kinda float down the road.

4. for cooling there are 3 setups. roof air non ducted, roof air ducted on the newer ones and central air ducted. you could have any of the above on a coach from the 80's up. i have had both roof air non ducted and basement central air. both have pros and cons.

5. for heating it depends on the year of the coach. there was gas furnaces on thermostats in my 90 and also electric heaters. my 02 has just aquahot central hydronic heating. it heats the coach and the hot water with one of 3 ways. a diesel boiler, electric elements and from engine coolant while driving. you pick the way you want to use it based on where you are. the aquahot is on demand hot water. the coaches from 94 back have hot water heaters that are typically electric and also engine coolant.

keep asking questions. we love to help spend other peoples money on newells.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hi Geekhauler,
Welcome to the forum. I have had three different type Newell 89, 96, and 04 and they are all different but the same high qualities. The 89 classic 8v92 has propane heat and basement airs, 96 60 series has Aqua Hot with basement airs, and the 04 has 4 roof air/heat pumps and Aqua Hot. The 89 and 04 both get about the same fuel mileage. They drive and ride different because of the straight front axle and independent system. Both ride and drive great but I think the independent ride and drive like a sport car and the straight axle like a luxury car. Newell no matter what year, it is still the best motorcoach for the money spent and quality recieved

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Gurus:

Am at the most expensive parking lot in the US (camp Newell)

Just met a new Newell owner (traded in a Monaco on a 2008 Newell) and is joining Newell Gurus

Jude Dunfee is his name

Jude is 80 his wife is 82 they have a couple of ranches in Idaho and California

They want to be known as from Kerville Texas

If you get the chance please welcome Jude and his lovely bride in to Newell Gurus