You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one.

forest, no rain, just wicked wicked strong cross winds all 300 miles. i was glad when the driving day was over. btw, no coolant lost on the drive...

we are at a modest park that has a fantastic site under high cut trees. i am sitting outside in the 70 degree evening now.

now for the fun answers....

1. yes, a john deere tractor is big. our big rigs are like driving a big cadillac. you will love driving them. just have to be careful on turns at first. those rear wheels are a long ways back...

2. most have a security system. both of my newells have them (well one of them is now bill's). but i dont use them. it would take some real work to break into them. the alarm is just on the door and who could get these heavy doors open?

3. the newells are air ride coaches. almost all of them use the air bags to level as well. (except for jeff and lynns, who has both air and jacks). they just kinda float down the road.

4. for cooling there are 3 setups. roof air non ducted, roof air ducted on the newer ones and central air ducted. you could have any of the above on a coach from the 80's up. i have had both roof air non ducted and basement central air. both have pros and cons.

5. for heating it depends on the year of the coach. there was gas furnaces on thermostats in my 90 and also electric heaters. my 02 has just aquahot central hydronic heating. it heats the coach and the hot water with one of 3 ways. a diesel boiler, electric elements and from engine coolant while driving. you pick the way you want to use it based on where you are. the aquahot is on demand hot water. the coaches from 94 back have hot water heaters that are typically electric and also engine coolant.

keep asking questions. we love to help spend other peoples money on newells.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by Geekhauler - 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by folivier - 09-25-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by whatsnewell - 09-25-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by encantotom - 09-25-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by folivier - 09-25-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by Geekhauler - 09-25-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by whatsnewell - 09-25-2013, 09:20 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by encantotom - 09-25-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by ron skeen - 09-26-2013, 06:05 AM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by LynnJeff - 09-29-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: New aspiring Newell fan. Looking for one. - by encantotom - 09-29-2013, 04:40 PM