You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Stackable Washer/Dryer

Any good picks for stackable washer and dryer?
We are considering replacing our older Frigidaire set as the dryer does not get hot enough and it is probably as old as the coach. Been looking at the Splendide front loads but would like some feed back from actual users.
Thanks.
Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Until about 1994, Newell used 120 volt dryers. Those are more limited in heat output than the 240 volt dryers used since then. You would need to rewire the dryer connection to utilize a 240 volt dryer but it would certainly get hotter faster and stay hotter longer with wet clothes in it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

And my 120v dryer will not get hot when the washer is running. Have to wait until the washer is done before drying clothes otherwise you only tumble your clothes.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Brad,

Michael & Forest are correct. The Splendie doesn't cut it because it is 120v.

I would go with the 240v stacked washer/dryer. If you want a dryer that works and actually dries the towels in about 45 minutes - go with the 240v unit.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

My current frigidare unit the dryer is 220 so I have a plug for the 220. I think I would prefer to stay with something that has 220V.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

(08-14-2012, 06:36 AM)tuga Wrote:  Brad,

Michael & Forest are correct. The Splendie doesn't cut it because it is 120v.

I would go with the 240v stacked washer/dryer. If you want a dryer that works and actually dries the towels in about 45 minutes - go with the 240v unit.

Wow, our Splendide dryer cycle gets so hot I'm afraid it may cause spontaneous combustion......lol!! We love our Splendide!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

There you go, Clarke says his works good. And it would give you an extra closet space, that can be priceless.
Clarke, I assume your Splendide is the vented model?
We're using the european models here in Rome and other than the language barrier they wash well, but these don't have dryers.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have been told by numerous customers that the newer Splendide is not as good as the older ones!! Be careful.

Brad maybe you could simply have an element replaced??

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(08-14-2012, 10:37 AM)folivier Wrote:  There you go, Clarke says his works good. And it would give you an extra closet space, that can be priceless.
Clarke, I assume your Splendide is the vented model?
We're using the european models here in Rome and other than the language barrier they wash well, but these don't have dryers.

Yes, mine is the vented model, and that does make a difference. If someone has the un-vented model it may not be it isn't getting hot enough, but due to no vent just takes longer. The vent releases the evaporated moisture from the dryer more quickly than the un-vented.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Brad,

Give Newell service a call, and ask them which one works the best.

Ask if they have removed a Splendie and installed a stacked unit, or vice versa.

With either model it is essential to open the little vent door when using the dryer; if not, the towels won't dry.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot