You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

merge switch and solenoid

I was curious how my thee position "emergency start" dash switch worked, so I checked it out today. What I found is that the merge switch is off when in the middle position. My merge solenoid has only one actuating positive wire going to it. Thus, moving the dash switch either up or down does the same thing which is to activate the solenoid. There is no switching to the house or chassis battery bank.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

on ours when switched to Engine the Starting Batteries Energize it and when switched to House then the house Batteries Energize it.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Chester the way I thought it works is with the switch in one position then one solenoid is powered by one set of batteries then in the other position the other solenoid is powered by the other set of batteries.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, I only have one solenoid, but Steve may be correct in that the up and down positions of the dash switch may be energized from either the house of chassis batteries. I will test this today and report back.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

there is only one solenoid, but i would be surprised if it wasnt actuated by switching between house and engine batteries. that is the purpose of it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH