You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

repair/adjust

This weekend my window shade at the front end of the front slide would not stay up. The mechanism the holds it up came apart. Looking at how to replace the part seems very difficult. I have repaired the pleated shades on other windows. This one is not pleated but solid and either stays up or all the way down. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you repair it. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

forest/cindy. is this the same kind that darlene helped you fix on yours?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sounds like it is the solid shade that lifts up like you have on the front window of your slide out.
Ours are the cellular shades, and we have a mirror instead of that window.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, That is correct. We have a mirror at the other end of the slide. I have taken the cellular shades off and redid them with 9mm thread, but this one I can't figure a simple way to get to it. I just might have to think of another way to hold it up that looks like it is from the factory. Thanks to you and Tom for the reply. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I think Tom has fixed his. Try searching. Or wait for him to respond.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

are you talking about the black roller shades that are on the front windshield and passenger and drivers windows?

tom

Yes, Tom.

Tom, sorry, I am talking about the shade on the slide, not windshield. It is on the window at the end of the front slide at the end of the sofa. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Wiill take a photo of it tomorrow an post it. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

ah. now i get it. mine is a 2 piece leather covered aluminum. if that is what you are talking about i can talk you through it. i took mine out, made new wooden tracks that they slide in and reinstalled it. it is a bit of work, but now that i know how to do it, it isnt bad. i can save you alot of time doing it. if it doesnt stay up, but slides up and down ok, it is the latch. easy to replace, you just have to get at it. or, it could be as simple as it is "latched" and it should be in the open position. mine has done that a few times and the fix is simple and takes about 2 minutes.

either way, just give me a call.

tom

tom

OK Tom, will do it tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot