You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

repair, trouble shooting

This last weekend I was getting ready to leave the park after a 4 day stay. I dumped the waste tank then closed the valve and water started flowing every where. I rushed in and cut off the Headhunter. Not knowing where the water was coming from and being only 3 hours from home I decided to just wait until I get home to find the problem. Well what happened was the T handle on the air valve caught the frig flex hose and broke it off at the connection to the water manifold. The hoses have 1/2 inch standard pipe thread on each end and found them at Lowes. They had only 20' lengths which is OK, because some are 12" and some are 20" and longer. For the longer ones I bought a nipple. I did not replace all of them because some looked like they had been replaced. I then tie-wrapped the ones near the air valve where this will not happen again. So I guess the moral of the story is buy some of these flex hoses for your extra parts box. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Thanks Chappell,
Something new to check.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I went out & checked how close the air dump valve handle was to the water manifold that services the coach. VERY close! Much closer than I realized or like. To avoid a similar issue that Chappell had, I removed the handle. I had to hold the air valve stem with pliers and unscrewed the handle. It now resides in the spare parts box. The only need for the handle is so you can use the valve if you have no air. If that ever occurs I'll screw it back on temporarily.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, This is good to know. I didn't realize the handle would unscrew I also didn't realize how powerful it was. It took a bit of force to separate the hose from its head. Of course the hose was probably 14 years old. I try to replace this type of hose in my house every 5 or 6 years.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot