You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to the Newell family

We just purchased our first class A coach, a 38' Newell Classic.
I have a few maintenance things to take care of before I store it for the winter.
The maiden voyage (besides the 5 hour drive home) is in March.
The whole family is excited.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

Welcome to the family! Lots of help here if needed.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

cool looking coach. let us know if we can help you

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome , Scott Beautiful coach...I love those Classics!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Yay! Another Newell Classic owner....welcome to the forum Scott. There are several of us Classic owners here, and we are always excited to welcome another. Where are you headed on your maiden voyage in March? Glad to see you have already created a "gallery" of exterior and interior pictures for us to see!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Hey Scott, a close friend of ours was looking at this coach. The interior is in beautiful condition and the 83' was a great year for Newell. Enjoy

Welcome Scott

We bought ours just a little over a year now. I have done a ton of things I would never attempted on my own. The gurus here are wealth of information and experience. The coach looks great. Tell us what your projects are. You must live North like us if it's going away for the winter.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Welcome to the gang! We would love to hear the story behind your Newell choice, a little Bout you and your clan, and where home base might be.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Scott. Always good to see a new member with a beautiful coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks for the welcome.
My wife, 3 kids, and I live in Burlington WI; we have two girls, one almost 6 and the other 13, and a son who's almost 15. A good friend we camp with frequently has a bunch of kids and diesel pusher and really enjoys traveling in it. We decided to look for one so we can take the kids to see some national parks, etc. We already camp quite a few weekends from Easter through October.
My preference was for a well built metal chassis/roof vs fiberglass and rubber. I do all my own maintenance and repairs and have a neighbor with a long background in diesel power and big trucks to lend ideas if needed.
Based on our budget we looked at some older coach conversions (GM 4104's and 4106's). We stumbled across this one and initially dismissed it based on lack of bunkbeds, layouts with bunks are difficult to find....
I had never heard of Newell, after doing some investigation and not finding anything else interesting, we made the leap.
The maiden voyage is down to Mammoth Cave over spring break, planning on heading to South Dakota after my daughters summer softball season is over, and we have a few weekends planned already.

I have a question for any classic owners, the battery merge switch has two on positions, any difference between the two?
I have some documentation with the coach but haven't seen anything relative to this function.

My little girl is most excited about "The Horn", it still works. How many years was this option available?

Thanks

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"