You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

'05 Newell w/matching stacker

This is my favorite year Newell with my favorite floorplan. I like how the fairing with the built-in Girards hide the roof stuff. Steerable tag, four slides, four roof airs, front entry and only 60,000 miles. Doesn't get much better than this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-Newell-47-Qua...Vs_Campers

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I'll Bet that John would work something out with you Steve!!!

Jimmy

Steve, Write them out a check. It can be yours. It does look like a nice coach. I like 05s also. MOT had one at a good price, but had a murphy bed.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Writing them the check is the easy part..............

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

What the thought train about overall length? I'm referring to with the trailer, you're well past the 65' length maximum of many states and have really exceeded the 55' maximum a couple of states have. Over length permits? Drive it without bother and pay the possible fines? I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

That is a sweet ride, to be sure!

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Do you have any first hand instances of some one being stopped for over length? Any first hand knowledge of some one paying a fine. The only over length instances I can remember in the last decade was when California was stopping 45' coaches, measuring them & sending them out of state if over 40 feet. That law was amended and 45' coaches are now allowed on most federal & state highways in CA. There are a lot of laws on the books that are simply not enforced. These types of laws usually only come up when you bring attention to yourself in another way or make an a** of yourself.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I asked a NM DOT officer about this. He told me "Don't worry, go for it. It is very doubtful anyone will ever put a tape to it, unless there is another problem ie speeding or an accident". BTW comments were "off the record"

In 14 years and 250,000 miles I have been ticketed once, in California, of course. It was a DOT officer who hangs around the Sacramento TA truck stop. He actually stopped me as I was coming out of the truck stop and gave me 3 tickets. One for the coach being 45', (before the change in law) a second for overall length of 71' and a 3rd for the coach being too wide, he said because of the awning. When I challenged him on that one he asked me, rather rudely, "Just how many f--king tickets would you like?" I shut up and took the medicine. I was stopped one other time in Ca. and absolutely nothing was said about the coach or the overall length. Obviously, traveling that many miles, I've been thru many checkpoints and even though it is pretty clear that I'm very long, nothing has ever been mentioned

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

larry, i bet that is a newell owner record. 3 tickets in a newell at the same time.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The 05 that was at mot has been at the factory for last month or so. It is having to be totally redone.. The owner I heard is in litigation with mot. He has had to spend possibly over 100k on it since he bought it for issues that may not have been fully disclosed. Not a pretty situation. But the 05 for sale in this thread is gorgeous!!! I saw it at the factory 2-3 months ago.. If I had the $ I would jump on it.. Just need some pretty creative financing.. Lol

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701