You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2002 for sale

I found a 2002 for sale at Lazydaze. The salesman did not know much, and the web site only has 1 picture of the outside. It does not match anything in showcase. The VIN supposedly 1n9458x88210116311. Any ideas. Thanks Mike

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

I found the pic http://lazydays.com/rvs/inventory/Newell/Newell/WU43078
Has a weird elevated rear slide platform with a couch. I think the salesman said 265k miles.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

I have made several offers on that coach.. It has some minor body damage and the genset has over 17,000 hours. It was owned by a nascar marketing company as a corporate coach. I think it can be bought for around 100k but expect to put at least that much more into it. No washer dryer , Newell said to convert the rear back to a bed room is a 20-30 k deal. New gen set 15k. Has paint damage and if you have lazy days send you pics you will also see it I has Been ridden hard. Another concern I had about it is when I asked for pics they couldn't get in the coach due to they couldn't open the air door. I found that odd due to the fact it was supposedly plugged in. Guess they didn't leave a compressor on. I think it could be an awesome deal for someone who wants a fixer upper but I also know no one has done any inspections on any of the systems.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Drop the last "1" in the vin number and its probably right. That would make it a 45'8" coach #631. I believe that would make it a fairly late 2002 model.

The following is just my opinion and its value is what you paid for it. Nice quality stuff cleans up nice. Worn out stuff needs to be replaced. I'm using Marc's assessment in my evaluation. The genset miles and vehicle mileage don't bother me with proper maintenance. On the other hand, dealers or owners who profess to know very little may be hiding the real condition. If no records, a very close inspection of absolutely every system would be necessary and any systems in doubt would be considered needing fixing, rebuilding or replacing. Only an in person evaluation will tell you if the project is even feasible.

Taking a coach like this to Newell to have it updated will probably end in you having a very nice coach with far more money in it than it is worth. I don't know if you are the kind of person who can take on a project and challenge like this. If you are it may be worth a look, but I would be looking at a price target of well south of 100K.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

The raised slide that the couch is on in the bedroom is what you would build the bed on. These are probably HWH slide mechanisms which are a hydraulic system and a common bedroom type. The headboard and night stands would be where the couch is now, which hides the raised platform.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Depending on condition, which would take a serious inspection of all systems like noted above, this could make a nice coach for someone. But to make it a great deal that person would need to do most of the work and upgrades themselves.
Tom's coach was similar in the rear but he has 1 slide with the drop floor. This coach might be easier to install a bed on the raised floor. A murphy bed might be nice in this one. From the pictures it looks ok but how well did the company maintain all of the other systems? A private owner would usually make sure things are maintained or fixed when needed. But did the company take that amount of pride in maintaining it? Or just do what was needed to get to the next "job"?
Definitely not a coach for a first time Newell buyer but could make a nice one for someone a bit more experienced with lots of time on their hands.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

now here is something i actually know about. my coach was an indy car team coach. it was set up as an office and had a sectional couch in the rear on a flat floor slide and a desk on the opposite side. only one slide in the rear. mine also has no washer dryer, but rather a large storage closet where it could have been.

mine had 195k miles or so on it and was in better cosmetic condition than this one. in fact, mine cleaned up to almost like new inside and out.

i am still in process of converting the bedroom but all i have left to do is to have the night stands built and modify the headboard. i do not think you could tell the difference between my bed and a bed built by newell. it is rounded corners, fold up top, matching laminate etc. with the raised floor slide, it would mostly be covered with the bed and the rest with the end tables so that is no big deal. the flat floor slide in mine turned out to not be a big deal either.

my series 60 runs fine and my genny does too (8k hours) they did regular services on the engines.

i did have to do maintainence on the brakes, bearings, airbags etc, but now i know they are all new or rebuilt.

remember just tires and batteries can run 10k. mine had little to no exterior damage and the paint was in great condition.

i took the desk out of the bedroom and put in new AV gear and it looks great. forest and michael and others helped me.

if someone gets really serious about that coach contact me and i can talk you through what i did to mine.

i can say that coach seems to have alot more interior wear than mine did at least from the low res pictures i saw.

it will take someone who wants to put alot of tlc into it and alot of time of their own. i had to fix LOTS of little things, but that is the way i am about it.

tom

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

In 2009 I talked to a driver at Lowes motor speedway that was in that coach, it was leased to Crown Royal as a hospitality coach. He was picking up
His stacker trailer and headed to Phoenix if I remember right.

Great information. Thanks to everyone! i think I will pass as this will be our first coach. I am handy with maintenance but after restoring a 1970 53' Hatteras motor yacht. I am not up for that kind of project again.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

I really like this coach. You know it would be great if someone would almost create a video diary of a project like this. Fun to watch and learn from. I think this is the perfect project for Jimmy in retirement.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota