You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell newbie

(12-27-2013, 07:16 PM)Mxfarm Wrote:  Thanks everyone - Clarke didn't realize we needed to list our tandem Smile

Welcome Marc and Shari!
I think it is interesting to get a glimpse into our Newell friends other wheeled conveyances!!! Being a "gear-head" from birth I sometimes can remember what people drive easier than their name!!!
I also keep a few old bicycles around here as well. I have an old Schwinn tandem but I don't ever mention it because then I would be expected to ride it!!!!!
Oh,,,yes I love the design of the Classic 1988 Newell. You have a real GEM there!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome to a great forum Marc & Shari The only bicycle I posses, besides a RV folding bike, is a Montgomery Ward Official Bike of the Olympics, I believe it was in the late 70's, which is about the last time I rode it! You'll find a lot of friendly folks here. Nice looking Coach!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

(12-27-2013, 07:16 PM)Mxfarm Wrote:  Thanks everyone - Clarke didn't realize we needed to list our tandem Smile

Sure.....there are a few riders here......Elaine and I, Richard and Rhonda.

Sure.....there are a few riders here......Elaine and I, Richard and Rhonda.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

We are Newell newbies, picking up our coach this Wednesday in Miami.
We have been active RV'ers for 15 years, this being our 5th coach, each one a step up shall we say? First was a 76 26' GMC Transmode made into a motorhome by a cabinet maker in Grass Valley, CA. Paid $11K for it and then put that much more into it to bring it up to speed.
Had the Olds 454 engine, front wheel drive. Then a '96 Barth (like a baby Newell, aircraft aluminum, 300 Cummins, 6 spd Allison, etc) terrific coach. Decide to downsize and went for a Sprinter Roadtrek with Mercedes diesel. A mistake because of size both it's and mine. It was too small, I am 6'2" tall. Current coach is an '06 Allegro Bus 39' 400 Cummins, 2 slides, etc. Lots of etc!
Looking forward to seeing many of you down the road. We will be in Orlando for a week at the end of this month (national conference there) and then on down to Key West for 3 weeks in March at Boyds Campground. After that??? We are full-timers with a home base in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Gary and Susie

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com

Gary & Susie,
A big Guru welcome to the forum. Your rving history is very similar to mine and others on the forum. Hopefully you'll be able to join us for our rally in the Branson, Missouri area in June. We would love to meet you in person and put a face with a name. Congrats on the new coach.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Welcome Marc, Shari, and Gary and Susie to a great forum. I sure know a lot more about my Newell now than when I purchased it a year ago and owe it to the knowledge of the forum.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Marc

Welcome, for almost the same $ you may wish to consider Blue Water Key if you can get in. Boyd's is very very tight for a 45ft coach and it's a crowded campground. Blue Water is at mile marker 14 and it is top notch place. All the best with your new rig! http://www.bluewaterkey.com

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Welcome Gary and Susie,

hope you can join us this summer for our get together

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH