You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air pocket doors

Has anyone had a pocket door go part-way open and then stop? My galley door closes every time, but on open it sticks with about 8" still to go.

I have a separate air meter for the pocket doors and the air pressure is set at about 40 psi. (Any more than this and the closet door makes a large pop noise on closing and will not work until I lower the pressure).

Any thoughts?

If I remove the refrigerator, I can probably observe what is going on, but don't want to do that until I understand more about the method of operation of these doors.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Try lubing the rail graphite.

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Does it close if you "help" it or increase the air pressure? If so you just need to lube the slide rail at the top. On mine I had to remove a small mirror piece over the door to acces the screws that held the cover in place. Silicone might be a cleaner solution than graphite

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I tried some lithium, but it did not change anything. Also, if I "help" it close, it takes quite a bit of pressure to close. But...if I help it close, it opens just fine. Also, the problem may be "in the wall". That would require me to take fridge out.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama