You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

NOT A Guru

Hello all,
I'm just a new guy looking for a coach. I have narrowed it down to Newell, Blue Bird, and Foretravel in that order. Any help is much appreciated.
Bob

Welcome Bob! Plenty of folks here to provide info... Let us know some of the specifics so we can help!

Jimmy

Welcome, Bob!

There is a great deal of information on here...although most on this site will tell you that Newell is the way to go (grin). Several reasons come to mind.
1) Good group of folks here to help with whatever comes up
2) Newell is still in business and thriving
3) 24 hour support from Newell (no charge)
4) Although not cheap, Newell builds a top flight coach that is made to last. My coach was built in 2002/2003 and has 200k miles. I think it is just now broken in.
5) If you get a multiple slide coach, Newell has the best floorspace per $$ of any coach out there (compared to other class A)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Welcome. Anything we can help you with just ask.
If you'd like to tell us your budget or what years you're interested in we can better help you.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

welcome bob. good thing is there is wanderlodge and foretravel folks on this site too. so you can cover all three here.

there is also www.wanderlodgegurus.com run by my good friend david brady.

i dont know the foretravel forums but maybe rudy or someone else can chime in with where they research them.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome Bob, just walked your road. Ended up with a Newell, but didn't start looking there, but very glad that's where we ended up. Big Grin

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

Airplane Guy, several of us have purchased our coaches through Motor Homes of Texas. You may want to Google their website for inventory as well as the Newell factory. Welcome to the forum.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Welcome Bob. You have narrowed down the list to the ones I considered, although I added in Prevost conversions in my top 4. Give us some idea of what is important to you and how you intend to use the coach and maybe we can help you out.

Incidentally, we also have some Prevost owners on this site also.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

A big Guru welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful folks here. Looking for a Newell was the most fun I had----owning one is better!

Good luck in your search............

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

What a nice welcome!
I think a 1998 to 2000, at least one slide, don't care about the mileage unless it's nearing 975,000mi......will use it for long weekends and maybe three or four two week trips a year for the first year. Bath and a half and enough room for two Grand Kid and my wife.
I have looked at the Texas Motorhomes website and MHS, looked into coach 499.