You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sony XR-C8200

I'm looking for a removable face plate for this in dash radio. Mine does not light up. This radio was common around 19992000. Any one have one they removed from their coach?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Good luck Steve. That's why I'm looking for one without a detachable face. Pretty hard to find a good one.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Steve,

With the march of technology, I think you will find that you can replace the entire radio for a fairly small amount. I did that recently and got rid the the weird control stalk on the passengers armrest and replaced with a USB iPod/iphone port. Now my passenger can play tunes from their media device including Pandora.

Of course, I could not leave well enough alone, and also added an external audio amp and such. The new radio also allows you to send audio via Bluetooth.

One thing that was super cool is that I was able to keep the XM antenna on the roof and with a little modification plug it into my new radio.

I know that spending other peoples money is a pastime around here...but new radio = much better.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thats the direction! But always leads to more, more, more, more,,,,,

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin