You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

86 on Craigs list

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/rvs/4286306660.html

We've made a commitment to purchase after a test ride. It has to be moved from a location to have access to a highway.

I love the coach because well, I see what all I can do with it, handy like that. My wife has reservations, big, dated, etc.

I'm going to have the oil tested of course. The 8v92 seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing according to the internet. I happen to be one of those old guys who smiles when a kid comes by with his loud Dodge picemup diesel wannabe. Sounds good. So I imagine the whine will be right up my alley.

I would appreciate any feedback on tackling this kind of project.

any engine can give issues, but you are doing the right thing by getting the fluids analyzed. it is cheap and only takes a couple of days.

it looks nice. the dash and steering wheel are awesome.

ask lots of specific questions and you will get answers or opinions

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Be sure to check date codes on tires. You want to replace any over 5 yrs old no matter how good tread looks.

We dropped out of the bidding on this one. Someone wanted it a lot more than we did., double doggone darn!

So they wanted more than the asking price?

Jimmy

The '89 in Phoenix might be an option for you. But it will need a bit of work for sure.

There was someone willing to pay much more than the asking price. We could have had a bidding war but decided to let it go. I don't blame the seller, our commitment was iffy, or the buyer, his wasn't. Life in the city when you are this close to the country I like to say.

Amazing... Well there was a reason.. A better one awaits! Hang in there!

Jimmy

We will keep on looking. We have a good set up now, fifth wheel and my truck. We are wanting to look more seriously at full timing and do a lot of boon docking and a motor home seems to be a better way to do that. I like bigger things, my pickup for instance is a C5500. Her name is Lucy, red cab, er uh redhead.

Our agreement is that we want something that tickles both of us pink. The eighty six had me dizzy but my wife not so much. Some of her choices don't wet my whistle so we keep on looking.

This one may not fit your needs but then it might.... http://1976newell.weebly.com/

Jimmy