You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell House

progress report.....

after a ton of work and time, the plans were submitted for permits on 3/25. builder says to expect up to 3 weeks for permits.

it was like building a house as far as plans, surveying, engineering, placement of electrical etc.

next is to get the septic permits....

i cant wait till i can actually post pictures rather than words.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

With new construction it doesnt seem to matter where you are, everyone wants a piece of the pie, especially when it comes to permits and regualations. On the other hand if its a permanent structure they want to make sure all the bases are covered like property lines and soil conditions for the foundation etc. Engineered drawings to make sure the structure, wiring etc. will be safe.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

this afternoon we had our groundbreaking party complete with completely gold colored shovel.

we had a bbq with all the trimmings including cindy's bread pudding.

our builder is jeff from gorilla builders and he brought his work truck.

we had about 25 people come for it, family, old friends and new friends.

we hope to be started on it pretty soon.

our builder said it was the first groundbreaking party he had been too.....

i guess we know how to roll.... you should recognize a few of the folks in the pictures.....

tom and darlene

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great event Tom!! Glad to see you are making the building large enough to hold the builder's truck. If he builds it in the wrong place, he can just hook his truck up to it and move it to the right place. ;-)

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I wish we had been there.....will be great to see the finished product next year.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Congrats, Tom. Glad it is finally happening!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

bill, we dont actually have the permits yet. but decided to have the party when people could come. this next week it will have been a month the application for permits has been in.

tom

Update on my Shop,

after 5 months of drawing, engineering, surveying and the last 3 months of permitting, today i got my building permit to start construction.

i never expected it would take 3 months to get the permit.

next week they should start building up the pad. they have to raise it up about 18" or so. thats a lot of dirt.

it almost seems surreal after waiting so long and talking about it so much.

i keep trying to imagine how it will really look and it will be fun to see if what i have seen in my mind for so long is what it really looks like.

if people are interested, i will put updates and pictures as construction progresses.

i am feeling a bit lowly as you all are gathering in table rock. sure wishing we could have made it.

tom

What are they recommending for the floor concrete?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

they are heavy machine packing the pad, then 4" of hard packed abc rock. then the stem walls and turn downs, then 6" of 3500 psi concrete with stealth fiber. also doing steel mesh.

i know everyone says rebar, but it was a mixed opinion among the concrete guys and it was REALLY pricey. hope i made the right call. my builder has the same thing in his 9000 sq foot shop and he has heavier equipment in it than the newell.

there will be sawcuts to control cracking.

i am doing a power troweled smooth finish. then am investigating different sealers. will either do a stain and simple sealer or no stain and a nano technology high tech sealer.

tom