You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Stage coach talk

Well......I've got a Celtic Rock band who wants me to haul their band to a gig in Cincinatti, Ohio (about 500 miles -round-trip). I'm not in the "band bus" business but I am considering doing it since we're friends. They offered to pay so I will just charge what it costs to run the Newell and donate my time. I'm curious if anybody has calculated the total cost per mile to run their Newell (including tires/oil/etc)

hi dean,

i did a back of the envelope calc and sent it to you in a separate email that came up with $1.41 per mile.

assumptions were 6mpg (8v92), $3.75 per gallon fuel, 8 tires at 600 each with fronts lasting 3 years and rears 5 years, all insurance, taxes, registration, plates, and a regular service with all fluids once per year. assumes NO repairs.

i also assumed an average of 4000 miles driven per year to get a cost per mile for everything but fuel.

btw, that is wayy less than half of what a charter bus company charges.

i would be interested to see what others come up with. i could and probably am way out to lunch on this.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Be careful about the arrangements so that you don't inadvertently become a commercial carrier with the need for a commercial drivers license, trip log and all the other fun stuff that goes with it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com