You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

hidden drawer catch

hi all,

here is a picture of the hidden drawer catch that is used in both my 90 and 2002. i bought what i thought was the right ones to use in my new bedroom as it gets built. when i got them out and looked at them they are not the right ones. i have a question into chuck at newell to see if they have some but i am puzzled i cannot find them online.

it is the larger one on the right    

it is an Amerock 8924

any sources guys?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have the same latches that Tom has pictured above on my cabinet drawers. I had a couple that were not working properly. I could not just push the drawer closed & have the drawer lock as the latch is designed. The drawer would stop at the latch & not push in totally & lock. I could manually lock it by holding down on the latch and closing the drawer. I compared the latch with other latches that worked properly and the others seemed to depress easier & work smoother. I took a toothpick and dipped it in some olive oil and then applied it to the up & down surfaces of the latch. The latch now works as designed and feels very easy & smooth.

Hope this helps someone else....................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Tom I found some hidden latches I was looking for at eastmarine.com. Check out their site as they seem to have a lot of these things.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

i ordered some online and when i got them they were not the same though they looked to be in the pictures. since newell had boatloads of them i just ordered them from newell and got exactly the same ones that were there.

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

According to Cambri, The original door catches are no longer available from Newell. The new replacements from Newell are very similar to the smaller ones Tom pictured. The tabs on the inside of my old catches broke which allowed the assembly to come apart. I came up for a repair that appears to work.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I removed mine and installed pulls that cover the cut outs for the latches. I also installed self closing soft glide drawer runners. So much better. This is the only pic I could find.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312