You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leveling Solenoid Plunger

We have a Country Coach owner friend Jim McNeece who did a tremendous amount of leg work to find replacement solenoids for the six pack valves. Jim has had these installed for three months with no problems. I am going to post his email verbatim. I am going to buy 20 or so of these if they are still available. If you want some, let me know and I'll buy extra and bring them to the rally.

Thanks Jim!!!!!

I just heard from a source in Chicago regarding possible replacement plungers.

Through much searching, I found a photo of a Skinner plunger #V5-207. It looks similar to what we have. Also, the HWH valves have a V5983-xxx part number printed on the coil clip. Here is a photo:

While the pic comes from PLC, the source I found is Dymatic (http://www.oemsurplus911.com/skinner/skinner_parts.htm). The salesman quoted $17 each (for a 20 piece buy). He measured one and provided the dimensions. The stem diameter is 0.441 inches and the length is 1.184 inches. Exactly the same diameter as the HWH and only 0.01 inches longer (I don't think the length difference is significant).

I do not have the dimensions or material for the seat. The entire part number is V5-207-N. I would guess the N is the type of seat material. Skinner uses NBR to denote Nitrile, T for PTFE, U for Urethane, V for FKM, and so forth. Perhaps N is Nitrile????

If they accept returns, I'm going to order 20. I will keep you informed.

Jim

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, I don't see any pics and the web site doesn't load. I'd be interested in seeing those.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue