You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Series 60 oil?

just get a kiddy pool and drain the oil into that. then you can use it to collect bugs afterwards....and scoop it out with a mason jar.

ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I love working on stuff as much as the next guy, but for the little it cost to have someone like Speedco do the PM which includes oil & filters, disposal AND not having to worry about what to do with the oil and NOT creating a SUPERFUND area that EPA chases you around for, or for Heaven Forbid a drop gets into a water puddle.... ..I'll farm out that job.. and work on more interesting stuff... sorry ..Just Me.... We all float in different boats...that's what makes it interesting!

Jimmy

I prefill with a quart each and yes I use 30w when in Florida and the South West, which is always except in the summer.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

looks like speedco doesnt have any arizona locations unless i didnt search right

tom

Tom in AZ this is the one http://dannystruckwash.com/service/

Jimmy

I have been told that these guys that collect the old oil from dealerships, do a little cleaning up on it then sell it to ships off shore to burn in their diesel engines. At least it is not going to waste.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

230 bucks to change oil, fuel and oil filters and lube is not much more than buying the supplies

thanks

tom

Yepper! And you won't accidentally kill any Mud Guppies if you spill a drop!

Jimmy

Yeah but used oil is great for killing fire ants! At least that's what I heard....Angel

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

And your local O'Reilly's parts house has a 58 qt drain pan on rear wheels with a built in funnel that makes it MUCH easier. You can do the engine and genny in one container.

06 M450LXi 3 slide