You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1517 Bunk Coach

We began our search for a bunk coach in Oct 2012 looking at Prevost conversions as we had a 2002 and a 2010 at the the time. We met Brian Pitts at the Tampa show in Jan of 2013 and learned of a bunk coach being built on spec 1480 for the Daytona race. We received photos and had several conversations with him. We were pleased to see Newell had a bunk style coach as a standard offering so it would not be an anomaly if we had one of them. Our search of the Prevost found very few if any have been made and 4 slides was out on a Provost design as well as at least 500k more. It took a bit of time for me to get reprogrammed about Prevost being the best, the ultimate, ect. We finally had a chance to look at and drive 1480 in August and decided that would be great for us only to learn the following day it was sold. At this point we had drank the Newell cool aid. In September we came agreement to have a coach built. We were at camp Newell dropping off our coach and beginning the process of having 1517 built the end of October. It took about 3.5 days to pick out the design and finishes. Always wanted to build one but was not planning it so soon.

The coach start date was January 6th and Newell started on that day. It is a very exciting and daunting process. The folks at Newell have been awesome to work with and every time we ask something the answers have been sure we can do that.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Doug,
Congrats on the new coach. Every one I have spoke with who has ordered one has expressed that it was a very positive experience. I hope you enjoy your coach as much as we have enjoyed ours. You will find that the "we can do" attitude continues throughout your coach ownership. As a company Newell is unbelievably wonderful to work with.

I like your paint design. I am in awe of you for being able to make the hundreds of available choices that are available to the original builder.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Gorgeous! Love the paint design.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Blue is my color. i LOVE it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Steve

The most concerning part of all these decisions is trying to be sure we think of everything, don't over think it, and really hope all the colors, textures and fixtures look great when it's all put together. A chip here a swatch there a piece of tile, a chunk of corian, a picture of a fixture and well a lot of hope. Being an Engineer and a bit OCD just working on the switching has been quite a project. Tons of fun and very exciting. It's been interesting not having a coach to play with while we wait for this one to be ready.

Thanks for the kind words on the paint. You think you know what you want till you start out with a blank canvas and go through many many schemes, colors and fades. We hope it all comes out outstanding.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Beautiful coach!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I was at the factory earlier this week and will be going back next week.. I'll find out where it is on the assembly line and take some pics if you would like?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc

That would be great, really appreciate that. Please post and my email is [email protected] thank you

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

That's essentially the coach paintwork that's on Newell's homepage. Truly outstanding! I'd be worried about people driving into me, because they're too busy looking at the coach to pay attention to their driving! I'll bet the interior will be as impressive as the exterior. That will be a coach to treasure for a long time.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

I tried to add a couple of production pics that I have. Do t know if it worked.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex