You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Which adhesive is best?

If I am going to lay a rubber coin floor over plywood floor in a trailer which adhesive would you all recommend to put down first? I'm thinking of doing a little trailer improvement this summer and I am a rank amateur when it comes to DIY...Your opinions and experience are greatly appreciated!

B

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

Rubber tiles come in 18x18 inches. I use Roppe which is based in Fostoria, Ohio. On small areas, I use contact cement. You can do a large area and use a paint roller.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

If the plywood is bare I'm wondering if you should put a coat of sealer or something on it before gluing the floor down. ????

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I did a job that the contractor put some sealer down. I did not know this. The adhesive was not compatible with the floor and material had bubbles all over the place.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

That's good to know...Thanks for the reply , Ernie!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.