You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

88 in Mesa
Music 

Have we seen this one before posted by anyone? I could not see that it had been posted anywhere. Sweet looking coach.
http://www.autobossrv.com/1988-newell-40...z-i1129280

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

It looks like one that was for sale in Santa Fe, NM a while back.

that is one clean and pretty coach.

i wonder what they are asking for it?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It is on eBay. http://bit.ly/1ebIcq8

Jimmy

i thought i had seen it before. i hope they get what they are asking, but i think it will be tough

tom

I was wondering who did the referb. Looks like some of the cabinets were refinished.. They did a nice job...

Jimmy

I've always liked those late 80's Newells. Classic styling with most of the modern amenities. I was in the market for one of those when I found my '93.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Very attractive exterior and interior.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I don't post much, but read this forum everyday. My wife and I looked at Tom & Darlenes '90 and there are times I think i shouldn't have passed on it. But it looks like it found a great home.

Anyway, I looked at the 1988 in Mesa today. This thing is CLEAN. They say the paint is original and I found nothing that disputes that. Tires: front 4713 date code, rear ??11 (I don't remember). All the laminate is light pink, but it didn't bother me. All upholstery is in very good condition. The engine compartment was amazing for a coach this old(clean). Didn't open the genny. The water and waste bays were very clean. All bay doors were straight and not many nicks or scratches in the paint. The engine (140,000 miles) fired right up and sounded fine, but I'm not a qualified diesel mechanic. The genny started up easily (2700 hours) gauges showed 115VAC and 120VAC @ 30A. All 3 AC units started and blew cold. Floors were very clean and the appliances looked little used. No signs of leaks at any of the windows or on the ceiling. Doorbell worked. All the switches I tried turned on something (no mystery switches).

We have a 30ft Lazy Daze that seems to suit us well and I don't know why am drawn the these beasts.Smile So. we'll probably pass on this one also and I'll regret in a few months....Oh well.

i wish i was in mesa to go look at it.

i would be surprised if it was the original paint. have not seen any coach of that vintage like that, but anything is possible.

tom