You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Spring break

Anyone have any neat plans? We are tentatively scheduled to go to key west for a week.. Depends on weather though.. We leave next Friday.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Really why? Did you not have Newell install the new 395 pontoons?

Marc Newman

Marc

Are you staying at Boyd's, or Blue Water Key at Key West?

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I called Boyd's yesterday, no return call yet, which one do you prefer and why? Advice is welcome

Marc Newman

I have been at both. Boyd's is 9 miles closer, we did not like the proximity to our neighbors and felt it was very tight. We have been to blue water key several times. This is one our most favorite places. Always stayed water front with a dock. My boys 13,14 +,- went fishing, swimming from the dock. The Tiki huts were great for being outdoors. It's at mile marker 14 you should at a minimum go by and check it out. Bluewaterkey.com

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Thanks Doug, I'll call them now.. They suggest renting a car , I am considering not pulling the stacker and just renting a car when I get there...I had a boo boo with my wife's SL and it will not be available for the tripSad so if I can't take the convertible I'm considering the rental.. I know Nuevo max is at Boyd's right now.. My wife wants to be able to swim at the coach if possible. Sounds like bluewater is more attractive for that.. Also saw some state campgrounds that look like a possibility

Marc Newman

Marc

No sure you will fit in the stat parks down there. The ones I have looked at would not work for us. I did stay at http://knightskeyrvresortandmarina.com/ site EE was an incredible view not much of a swimming place from the beach. The campground was pretty basic. In that area is cranes point a beautiful nature preserve well worth the visit, also the island under the bridge that the campground has info for it.

In key west the State park has a great beach as well, great place to pack lunch spend the day. Have fun.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Thanks Doug, we have sites reserved at bluewater per your recommendation.. They don't have room for the stacker so I'm just going to pull my sequoia on a small car trailer I had before the stacker. Very excited... Any Newell people between fort smith ark and key westSmile

Marc Newman

Marc

Have a great time, look forward to hearing about your adventure.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Is that a prevost in the pic.. Lololol. Do most of the spots have beach chairs?

Marc Newman